This American Heart Association Certified course will allow the Massage Therapist competency in the following:
Be able to describe an emergency situation and explain protocol for action:
- Emergency recognition
- Decision to act
- Check, call, care
- Permission to give care
- Good Samaritan Laws
Be able to identify signs and symptoms of various injuries and conditions:
- Extremes of heat and cold.
- Injuries to bones, joints, and muscles
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Heart attack
- Sudden Illness
Explain appropriate treatment protocol and demonstrate the necessary skills associated with basic first aid:
- Safely moving a victim
Understand and demonstrate the necessary skills associated with basic CPR:
- Care of an unconscious victim
- Breathing emergencies
- Choking emergencies
- Cardiac emergencies
- Overview of use of an AED, if available
* Per TDSHS and TDLR, up to 6 hours of CPR is accepted for Massage CEU credit.
*AHA CPR Certification Cards are available directly through the Instructor for a $10 fee.
Supplies to bring: Pen and paper